Jaume Lahuerta wrote:

Dario's answer is: lens 'ecosystem' and IQ is not that important.

IQ is important, but it is not always the main factor in determining success. Sure IQ is important for us. But we are a minority in the market. Furthermore, if we had to rank the current cameras in order of IQ, I'm sure we'll see as many different rankings as the folks entering them. And we are supposed to be "the experts"... go figure! So I mean that anyone convinced to have bought into the best system can be happy with the gear he/she bought, because the current equipment is exceeding most needs. At home I have four 50x70cm prints hanging on the walls, one was shot with the *istD, another three came from the K10D and one is a K20D shot. From time to time I ask people (I mean keen amateurs photographers) to tell which one was shot with which camera, and no one so far has been capable to get it right. Even worse, sometimes I fool those poor folks telling them one of the pics was shot with medium format film.... Guess what? All of the pics have been 'recognized' as medium format shots by different folks. At the end, the best system is the one giving the owner the confidence to be the best. The victory goes to the marketing in its wider incarnation (including supplying better IQ and let people know that).

Dario