As Yogi Berra once said, "If Godfrey doesn't want to talk about equipment, you
can't stop him."

As for Godfrey being pompous, if you had met him in person, you wouldn't feel
that way. Very often the printed word on a forum makes a person appear
completely different than their actual demeanor. I spent half a day with
Godfrey about 5 years ago when he was driving across country. He is friendly,
outgoing, charismatic, and absolutely jovial. He does his homework before
making an equipment purchase and generally doesn't need to discuss his
equipment decisions on-line. I'm lazier, and do seek input from forum members,
particularly Godfrey. Although he's not crazy about equipment talk, he never
fails to give me a thoughtful, considerate, insightful answer of no fewer than
5 paragraphs.

Sorry, Mr. Robb, but you've got a completely wrong read on him.

Jeffery