From: Walter Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 03:45:31
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: WTF? was OT: new camera

    My first DSLR was a used E-20n.

Whisper-quiet, built like a tank, and takes wonderful photos.  I looked
at Olympus for a long time when I started looking into buying my first
new DSLR.  The great thing about it is that it was a fixed-lens, so I
didn't have anything invested beyond the cost of the camera and all the
accessories ($120 US + shipping).  So, I was free to look around.  I
was, of course, tempted by Canon and Nikon -- cajoled by friends to go
with Canon, so I could be a part of the club.  And, was even lured  by
the guy at the camera shop to try a Sony.

But, I stuck to my guns and got the K-x that I'd been salivating over
for months.  Nary a regret to this day.  But, I still like my Oly, and
would use it a lot more often if the write-speed weren't so achingly
slow.  I've loaned it out to a kid to use as a learner camera for his
school newspaper.

-- Walt