I'm not sure if I'm helping or not, having missed the first bit of the
conversation, however I own a LowePro S&F Rover AW "system" which includes
the backpack, harness and dedicated waist belt (Approx USD 150 new). The
backpack breaks open in the middle and reveals a smallish compartment with
the usual velcro dividers. I can fit two bodies and three lenses in the
bottom compartment. It is extremely well padded and water (spray) proofed.
The top compartment is large enough for a jumper, drink and a sandwich etc.
It is very comfortable once fitted correctly to your body (much like a
custom backpack for hiking). It has a built in rain cover (which I
discovered after a few months), looks good and is functional. I use as a
general backpack even when not carrying a camera. There's an extensive
(expensive) range of add ons including film drops, lens cases, etc which
attach to the belt.

Darryn Richter
Adelaide Australia