On Wednesday, February 6, 2002, at 10:03  AM, tom wrote:

> I would like to hear your exact process for shooting this stuff. My
> results are crap...in 120 I shoot it at 1250, develop in DD-X, and it
> looks no better than 35mm Tri-X.

How I rate it depends on the light.  Normal daylight-ish stuff, I rate
it at 3200.  If it's a little flat out, or for really diffuse light, I
give it an extra half-stop.  Under tungsten at 1250, usually, again
giving it a little more or a little less depending on contrast.  Most of
the time under tungsten things'll be a little flat, at least, they will
where I tend to shoot.  :)

I process at Ilford's recommended time at 24 degrees with a fairly large
amount of agitation -- I'm running this in the Jobo, so really it's like
50 rpm agitation constantly, changing direction every three or four
rotations.  With Agfa Studional, which I use most of the time now
because it has become our default developer over here, I run Delta 3200
for 5 1/2 minutes at 24 degrees, which is pretty long for Studional
(most film falls between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 minutes).  I find I get the
best prints when my negs seem a little on the thin side by eyeball, for
what it's worth, and generally print with around a 3 filter.

I've recently rescanned an older image that was 6x7 Delta 3200 in
Studional.  My old scan was from the print, the new one is right off of
the neg.  If I get a chance I'll post some sections of it.

-Aaron