As a full time biologist, they use it when talking about the nucleus of an atom
and also as the nucleus of a cell. My cell physiology professor from 1970 used
to blow a gasket when a student asked about the nuculus.

The Dean of Allied Health at my college can't pronounce it either, so he just
says "Nuke Med" for nuclear medicine.

The worst, though, was the Nuclear Medicine Department at Tulane Medical
School. They ordered a sign for the door, and it came back as "Unclear Medicine
Lab". They thought it was cute, and kept it on the door.

Jeffery