On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:34 AM, CheekyGeek <cheekyg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't forget the Hyper Manual mode.
> http://www.ok1000pentax.com/2009/04/pentax-hyper-program-and-hyper-manual.html
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=36220193
>
> Shooting with m42 lenses is best on a Pentax, because of Hyper Manual.
> Also, you should try to use an old preset lens on your Pentax (like
> the inexpensive Tele-Takumar 200mm f5.6).
> Presets work great and aren't hard to get used to at all on a DSLR.
>
> Darren Addy
> Kearney, NE

I skimmed those links.  From what I gathered, the green button on my
K-x essentially invokes hyper-program/hyper-manual?
I'll have to read the articles a little closer to get the full value
of what they are saying.

I've never seen/used a preset lens.  Are they easier than using a
super tak with the auto/manual switch?