I happen to have missed punched cards just by a single year. However, unlike most of you gentlemen, I worked on Soviet clones of IBM PS XT (ES 1840). I still remember rather pale face of computer lab person when I inserted my diskette the wrong way into the drive...

Good olde times...

Boris

On 11/4/2010 11:43 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Bob Sullivan
Oh I remember those painful days of punched cards.

So do I.

I was in college back in the 60s and the return portion of the telephone
bill for my dorm room came printed on one with the instructions "Do Not
Bend, Fold, Spindle or Mutilate". 8-D

So, I of course regularly took it to the Comp-Sci lab and used the
keypunch to add rude suggestions to it before mailing it off with my
payment.