Albano,

I started with a 3 way head on my Bogen and later got the 3262QR head.
I used it for awhile and then the new magnesium 3 way head was given
to me as a gift.  After using it for awhile, I won't go back to the
3262.  The magnesium head is just about as light, but more steady.  It
handles a little more weight.  I think the 3262 is just a little too
light, if you are considering any large lenses or MF stuff.

Bruce Dayton

Avca> Hi, Bob, and thanks for your answer.
Avca> I was a bit short in my original question.
Avca> The situation is:
Avca> I currently own a 144 tripod with 029 head (3 way head). I use it for
Avca> stationary subjects, and with 35mm gear only.
Avca> I was oferred to trade it for the 3262 ballhead, including an additional
Avca> plate.
Avca> I'm happy with my 029, but having a ballhead would be more convenient,
Avca> being compact, a lot lighter (1 kg less), making my 4 kg tripod, an 3 kg
Avca> tripod.
Avca> Comparing specs, the 029 is far superior, it can load almost twice the
Avca> weight (7,5 kg vs. 4 kg), being recommended for all formats, and the 3262
Avca> is recommended just for 35mm and a lightweight MedFo.
Avca> I mean, this is more than enough for me now, just owning 35mm, but I'm
Avca> unsure about losing the extra capability if I go MeFo someday.
Avca> What do you think?

Avca> Albano