Thanks, Ted. I never thought a woman could love a wide lens as much as I love my 21 mm :-). I love the color, texture, and black and white rendering of this lens. I remember when I bought it, the sales guy was looking it over and remarked on the attention to detail in craftsmanship. It's so elegantly made--I mean, a faux velvet lined lens cap? Who would have thought. And you can screw in a polarizer inside the lens hood--clever design. I liked the 21mm on the K20D as well, but I'm not sure I liked the 40mm on the K20D; I thought there was some focusing fussiness, but the 40mm on the K7? Well, I love it! focusing fussiness seems to have disappeared.

I've decided that here's my dream Pentax kit (per pentax webstore prices):

-K5 ($1600) & K7
-battery grip for both cameras ($460)
-DA* 55mm f1.4 ($800)
-DA* 300mm f 4 ($1,400)
-The 21mm f3.2
-The 40mm f2.8
-DA 16-45mm f4
-DA* 50-135mm f2.8
-both flashes: 360, 540 ($500)
-the Optio W90 in green ($280)
-a big maybe the 70mm f2.4 ($700)
-a big maybe on the 12-24mm f4 ($900)
Total:  $6,640
But if I skip the two big maybes, then it's $5,040. Quite doable wouldn't you say :-) ?

Oh, then, of course, there's the medium format D645 with a few lenses as well. But I'll leave that for another day.

I'd probably need a  better camera bag too :-).

Cheers, Christine from Chicago

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theodore Beilby" <tbei...@sbcglobal.net>