From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Collin Brendemuehl
Sent: Sunday, 14 November 2010 1:58 AM
To: pdml
Subject: Re: save that old computer

Old computers has been my hobby for a long time.
I started in the late 70s with a RS Model 1 and Netronics ELF II.
(Imagine, 256 bytes of memory.)
In the interim I've owned an Imsai 8080, Heath H8, Commodore PET, and many
other computers of the era.
Apple's second computer, the Apple ][ (no "plus" after it), I had a chance
to buy serial #85 at one point and passed.  (Stupid of me) There were others
that I sought, but could never find.
My son was *given* an OSI Challenger 4p (iirc) @ Dayton Hamvention one year.
Always wanted an SWTPc 6800, but all I was able to manage was one of their
yellow notebooks.

Just the other day I picked up a sealed new copy of Windows v1.03.
Sealed, new.
And a sealed copy of Micropro Wordstar for the Epson QX-10.
And a sealed copy of Quarterdeck QEMM, v. 7.5.

If you have sitting around an old 5-slot IBM PC with 64K on the motherboard,
those will sell for >$100.
Same with an Apple ][plus.

Another bit old technology that brings good money is LED watches.
Battery hogs, even the best of them.
The brand-name ones go in the hundreds.  Even the cheap ones go for $40.
They're getting rare.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://kerygmainstitute.org

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott

follow the directions.