On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Brian Walters <supera1...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 07:40 -0500, "frank theriault"
> <knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Brian Walters <supera1...@fastmail.fm>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Is this image displaying correctly?  The bottom one-fifth is displaying
>> > completely black on my system.
>> >
>> > The image has a very moody feel and the gull is is just the right spot,
>> > but I'm not sure I'm seeing the full Monty.....
>>
>> That black is the lake.
>

> Ah.  Now I see.  Looking more closely I can just see some texture in the
> lake on the right.
>
> I think the overall image would benefit from a bit of reprocessing to
> bring out a little more detail in the lake, generally - of course, it
> could be that my monitor is so far out of whack that I'm not seeing
> detail that's already there.

Thanks, Brian.  I might give this one another go.  I was bracketing,
and I did get better exposures of this scene, but of course, this was
the only frame that caught the damned seagull "just right".

Yes, Boris, this would have looked wonderful if shot in medium or large format!

Thanks to everyone else who looked and commented.

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson