From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Mark
Roberts
Sent: Tuesday, 16 November 2010 11:22 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Colour management gurus, I need your help!

Tanya Love wrote:

>When I complete my edits in LR3, they look fine, I am really happy with
>the colour balance etc, but when I export the files and view them in
>either Photoshop, or any other file viewer outside of LR, (for example
>when they are uploaded to Facebook or my blog or whatever), or when I
>include them in emails,  the colours are all wrong, and VERY red.
>There is muuuuuuuuch too much red (and maybe yellows too) in the files
>but only AFTER they've been exported from LR.
>
>AND, if I open a RAW file in ACR through PS that has already been
>processed in LR3, it does the same thing - looks great in ACR, or in
>PS, but once I save it as a jpg and view it outside of PS or LR3, it
>looks like the models/kids have spent a whole lot of time outside without
any sunscreen on.

>Any ideas???

What color space are you using when you export? It sounds as if you've got
it set to something weird. For almost all exports you should set Color Space
to "sRGB" in the Lightroom Export dialog.

You should use other color spaces for your own inkjet printing or for
sending files to high-end print services that can use (and specifically
request) other color spaces. Other than that, go for sRGB.

follow the directions.