On Nov 17, 2010, at 9:17 AM, P. J. Alling wrote:

> I only have one word for Kennyboy, and that's putz...

I invite you to produce a more successful photo website than his. At the very
least, Kennyboy is a well known, and successful putz.

As much fun as he is to make fun of, he is occasionally on target. After my
FZ50 was stolen, it was his piece on the D40 that eventually ended up with me
getting my K100.  I was looking at the D40 and the competing Rebel when I heard
the salesman discussing the K100 with another customer, and I realized that it
had everything I liked about the D40 and none of the things I didn't like about
the Rebel, plus it was cheaper and had in body image stabilization. Likewise,
everything that he liked about his D40 applied to the K100.

Mind you, if I could have used my old AIS lenses on a D40 the way I can use K
lenses on a K100, I'd probably be shooting Nikon today.

> On 11/17/2010 12:15 PM, Miserere wrote:
>> Well, in a roundabout way...
>>
>> http://kenrockwell.com/tokina/100mm-f28.htm

Is the Tokina 100/2.8 macro the same as the Pentax?

He does, however, make a few Rockwellisms in this piece. He categorically
states that 200mm is better than 100mm because you get more working distance,
when I find that I'm often using my 50mm or 20mm rather than the 90mm either
because I don't have the room to be as far away as the 90 requires, or because
I specifically want the wide angle perspective.

>> [dons flame suit for mentioning the unmentionable name]

I think that he's very good at giving simple, easy to understand, advice to
people who  don't know anything about photography.  Note that I didn't say
"completely accurate" advice.  "A is better because of B" is a lot easier to
digest than "A is better because of B, except in cases of C, when D is better,
unless you're shooting with a flash in which case neither matters because the
interocitor is polarized anyways".

Going way off topic, In the same scene that the interocitor is mentioned, they
also mention one of these:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=604-1018-ND

Welcome to the 21st century.