From: Larry Colen

On 11/17/2010 12:15 PM, Miserere wrote:
>> Well, in a roundabout way...
>>
>> http://kenrockwell.com/tokina/100mm-f28.htm
Is the Tokina 100/2.8 macro the same as the Pentax?

I'm pretty sure Tokina and Pentax worked together on the design. If it were a pure Tokina design there ought to be a k-mount version available from Tokina, although that may not mean as much as it once did.

It seems like Tokina decided to make newer lenses available only in CanonEOS or Nikon mount, so just because it's not available in Pentax-K doesn't seem to indicate Pentax's participation in the design.

I'm sure there's some relationship between Tokina and Hoya that divides the field up so they're not competing for Pentax shooters. Pentax manufactures the K-mount version, Tokina manufactures the Canikon mount versions.

For some lenses there is no Pentax version ... no one seems to manufacture it.