I've spent some time in the past week putting together a blurb book to give as
a gift for the holidays.

I have it pretty close to done. It certainly isn't done to the level of
professionalism of the PDML annual, but I think it'll be good enough for the
task.

I was originally just going to have pictures from this year, and was going to
title it "2010".  But, I didn't have quite enough photos to fill it, and
decided to add a few of my older pictures. Since it was going to be my first
book, I changed the title to "Volume zero".

In the process  of looking through my photos, I realized that I bought my K100
on November 28, 2007.  The newest photo in the book was taken yesterday,
November 28, 2010. The book is now titled "Three years", unless I think of
something better between now and uploading it to blurb.

I used exiftool to take a look at the shutter counts on my Pentax bodies:
K100:  43175
K20:    57624
K-x:     40475
which adds up to 140,912 frames.  With 45 photos in the book, that works out to
a keeper ratio of one in every 3,131 frames.