On Nov 30, 2010, at 7:02 AM, P. J. Alling wrote:

> On 11/30/2010 6:28 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
>>
>> I used exiftool to take a look at the shutter counts on my Pentax bodies:
>> K100:  43175
>> K20:    57624
>> K-x:     40475
>> which adds up to 140,912 frames.  With 45 photos in the book, that works out
>> to a keeper ratio of one in every 3,131 frames.
>>
>> --
>> Larry Colen l...@red4est.com sent from i4est
> Well, now we know your secret...

There's no secret:
1) I always have at least one camera with me.
2) I shoot almost every day.
3) If I'm shooting action shots, especially in bad light, I shoot enough to
make up for a low keeper ratio.
4) If I'm shooting when I have time to get it right, I shoot and chimp until I
get it right.
5) If I'm shooting in a weird or new lighting situation, I'll bracket the hell
out of it in several dimensions so that I can analyze the results and see what
works best.

Or, did you think that my secret was that I send email from i4est, my iMac?

   LRC