Ken - bay photo is who does the work for smugmug sales ... I'm using them exclusively now and offering buyers luster, glossy or metalic - but I haven't looked at any of my stuff printed on the metal yet.... didn't realize they were really printed on aluminum. I know one smugmugger who shows his things and doesn't care for it... not sure why. I've really become a smugmug booster... for a pro site the annual fee is only $150 and is well worth it... I may not be taking as much advantage of everything that I should - but it gets better all the time - the help staff is great. And if you can write code you really can control your site. There is no limit to the amount of photos you upload... anyway...

Glad, Ken, to get a good review of the metalic prints from you , in addition to the already glowing praise I got from my friend Gary Ricketts and Godders.
ann
annsan.smugmug.com

kwal...@peoplepc.com wrote:

Just wanted to share an excellent experience/result with an online service that I used recently.

I was looking for a unique presentation for a print I wanted to give as a gift & decided not to go my usual route (home print on an Epson printers & then mounted/matted/framed by a local framer).

I saw an add in a photo mag for bayphoto (www.bayphoto.com/metalprints) & their 'metal prints'(you image printed on aluminum sheets). I liked what I saw & downloaded one version of their ordering software, placed the order & waited for the prints to arrive.

They arrived today, a little over 1 week & I'm totally satisfied with the results. They image quality is first rate and agrees with what I expected given the image on my monitor.

They have several options & I chose the 'float hanger' where they add a half inch thick spacer to the back that floats the image a half inch off the wall.

Their pricing is reasonable if you compare it to the normal costs of mounting, matting and framing. I paid $19.50 for an 8"X12" print ! (normally $26.00 - but a 25 % discount is given to first time customers)

If you're looking for something a little different that the usual framed print - check them out

Kenneth Waller