On Dec 3, 2010, at 6:28 PM, Phil Northeast wrote:

> My Macquarie describes the dish and who it was named after, but there is no
> attribution of origin.

Must have been playing it safe if they didn't know for sure.  Or maybe they
have some expat kiwis on their staff and couldn't settle the argument :)

I don't really care who invented it, it's just delicious.  But it's a real pain
to make so I only have it a couple of times a year.  And now that I know how to
make zabaglione, I have a good use for the leftover egg yolks (and the bottle
of Marsala of course).

BTW it's not a pavlova without sliced kiwifruit on top...

Cheers,
Dave