On 12/5/2010 1:40 PM, Derby Chang wrote:
Hi Igor,
/the rest snipped/

Only tangentially related - my experience with Sigma EX DG 24-60/2.8 seems to correspond well with what Derby reported. Wide open it kind of glows but in a rather pleasant, soft, portrait-like way. Stop it even half a click and it becomes bitingly sharp.

Few negative points you might want to consider:

* The way it is reported in EXIF data. My zoom lens is reported as just "Tamron or Sigma lens". Not that I care, but you might.

* It seems to rotate the other way around than Pentax lenses.

* Mine had a bit of back/front focus issue that I corrected by -7 points correction in K-7. Previous owner indicated -3 points correction in his K20D.

* It is very big and pretty heavy. I am thinking off the top of my head that it has 82 mm filter diameter, the 20/1.8.

Finally, Petteri Sulonen has written a review about this lens some time ago. You can read it here:
http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/Reviews/a_Sigma_20_f1-8/a_Sigma_20_mm_f-1.8.html

It is a bit dated, this review, but still it seems to contain a number of valid points.

I held once Sigma EX DG 24/1.8 and it wasn't /that/ big. My experience with 24-60/2.8 leads me to two things:

* Sigma EX lenses are actually better than one may think based on the impressions from various forums, etc.

* I am thinking of selling my Tamron 28-75/2.8 simply because it sees virtually no use since I bought and "matched" to the Sigma.

HTH.

Boris