On Dec 6, 2010, at 4:16 PM, Miserere wrote:

> On 6 December 2010 16:03, paul stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Frankly, if the images turn out OK (besides being all green) then there is
>>> no problem.  Interesting as a curiosity, but not in a "OMG the sky is
>>> falling" kind of way.
>>>
>>> Seriously... why would a person even bother looking for something like this
>>> unless it's affecting the output?
>>>
>>> And by "affect the output" I mean: can this really be SEEN on something
>>> other than an f/22 shot of a blank grey surface?
>>
>> It could be seen on any number of small aperture shots. I'm definitely going
>> to test for it.
>> Paul
>
> Thanks for the replies so far, and please keep 'em coming.
>
> My test unit has a string of blobs near the center (most people seem
> to report them "near the center" for what it's worth). They are
> noticeable at f/8 and smaller when photographing a blank surface; I
> suspect in real photographs (with plenty of detail) they should
> *maybe* be noticeable at f/11 and onwards. I rarely photograph at such
> apertures, but I can imagine people shooting landscapes would be
> annoyed to find these blobs in their blue skies. Then again, a blob in
> a blue sky is easy to clone out. Then again, again, we'd all prefer
> not to have to clone out blobs as part of our postprocessing.

I just tested my camera in the same manner as the guy reported on dpreview. I
filled my computer screen with white and shot it with my DA* 16-50 at about
30mm, F stops were f22, f16 and f11. Focus set to infinity. No blobs. Saw a few
specs of dust, Did the sensor clean operation and retested, and the dust was
gone. I get pure white.
Paul