Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Sanfedele" <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Now this is why I wanted my own scanner

Nick David Wright wrote:

Oh wow.

By different I didn't mean hard. I just meant you have to go at it a
little differently than you do for digital camera images. Because I
think that's where most folks have their problems. They expect
scanning film to be just like a digital camera, and it isn't.

It can be very very easy though. The V500 is an exceptional scanner
(especially for the price), and I'm finding it very easy to use. Black
and white particularly so.

Don't let what anyone else has to say about it stop you.

If you have a problem, ask; someone here is sure to know the solution.

~nick

Nick - from my mouth to God's ears, apparently... I mentioned I'd have to think about that scanner when my 1640 went south... and my 1640 is heading rapidly in that direction now.... (litle green lines - and Ive had some scratches for a while

I got a little money for my birthday early... and so I trotted over to Adorama - the NY store is an easy walk from my apt - and looked at the beast -- for $112 (!) ) they are getting more in tomorrow, sales guy said... and I expect I'll pick one up in a day or two..
so then.... if I DO have a problem, you'll be the first to know  hehe..

I'm used to scanning film and prints... I expect it not to be a battle - I presume it will work fine on Windoze XP and will not
insist I upgrade my Adobe Elements 5.0  to 7 .
very glad to hear you say "black and white particularly so" too.
I have 40 years of shooting film and only 6 of digital - really want to get into my archives and dig.

Did you ever tell us what that car was , btw?

He didn't. But I did.

ann