Larry Colen wrote:

Canon makes decent gear. I don't know a lot about the specifics, especially
since I've never liked the ergonomics on any of the Canon SLRs that I've used.
Then again, I've never used them long enough to get used to them and appreciate
their ergonomic decisions. Canon has the big advantage of being the default
brand, which means that it's easy to find gear to buy or borrow. The do not,
however, work with manual focus Canon lenses.

Well, but, they DO work with Pentax manual focus lenses with an adaptor... If they didn't I wouldn't have met you in Chicago :-) They don't autofocus, of course . And it doesn't tell you the real opening you shot at on the exif ...

thanks to Cotty for revealing this possibility .

ann