I had the C330 for a bit way back in the 1970s.

There is a 'top of frame' indicator needle. As you focus closer, it
drops to show where the top of the frame for a given focusing distance
would be. So you focus and frame, then raise the camera vertically to
put the top edge of the frame along the indicator line. The shift is
only large when you're working in the very close range, for a normal
to wide lens. With the tele lenses it becomes a bit more significant
... best to frame a little loose. Plenty of negative to work with so
shoot loose and crop ... :-)

Mamiya made a gizmo for the tripod that worked with the indicator too.
The indicator had a scale of numbers, IIRC, and you could easily raise
the camera with gizmo to the number once you achieved proper focus.

For me, the C330 was always a tripod camera. Held with pistol grip and
porroflex viewfinder, it was a large and heavy beast to tote around.
For any hand-held work, I far preferred a Rolleiflex TLR (which had a
more sophisticated parallax compensation built into the viewfinder
system albeit for a fixed lens with a more limited close focusing
range).

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com