one of the first major wars to be photographed extensively. I'm always amazed
at the work given the equipment. It speaks volumes about the importance of the
photographer vs the camera. those old cameras were beautiful, though.
-----Original Message-----
From: Madame RD <romd...@orange.fr>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 01:47:09
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: photos from the american civil war

I found this utterly interesting

the Liljenquist Family recently donated their rare collection of almost
700 ambrotype and tintype photographs to the Library of Congress.

<http://www.pasthorizons.com/index.php/archives/12/2010/faces-of-the-american-civil-war#ixzz18KD64mXJ>
An exhibition entitled “The Last Full Measure,” will be held in the
Library of Congress, Thomas Jefferson Building, from April 12 until
August 13, 2011.

http://www.pasthorizons.com/index.php/archives/12/2010/faces-of-the-american-civil-war
the photos on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/5229147036/in/set-72157625520211184/#/photos/library_of_congress/5229147036/in/pool-645...@n23/

don't know about you but war photos always make me terribly sad . such a
loss of young lives !

dominique
<http://www.pasthorizons.com/index.php/archives/12/2010/faces-of-the-american-civil-war#ixzz18KCviiMz>