On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the Airport disk from when i bought the express  in 2006ish. I
> have it password protected.
>
> I will assume that this disk will work with the new OS,with a possible
> update to the software,  but what I'm curious about is, will it
> recognise the existing Apple net work i have or will i have to set it
> up as a separate account and password..
>
> I'm also not sure what password i used when i set it up. Is there a
> way to check.

You can download the latest version of the Airport configuration
software, which would probably be better than using the old disk:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL955

All of the network settings, including the password that you use to
administer the network, are stored on the Airport Express. So your
network should not be affected by changing computer.  If you install
the above software on the new computer, you can use it to change
settings on the Airport, using the same password that you originally
set up.

If you've forgotten the password, you can reset it by following the
procedure that begins on Page 30 of the manual:
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/AirPort_Express_Setup_Guide.pdf