I think the key to identifying the car is going to be if someone recognizes the instrument cluster design.

From: Ann Sanfedele

John Sessoms wrote:

> From: Bob Sullivan
>

>> How about dicta-belts.  Belt dictaphones.

> I remember them, my Dad had one in his office.
>
> But the real expert on that is going to be Ann-san. I believe she's
> said before that her father was a fairly high level sales manager for
> the company that made them.
>
> And along with Dictaphones, there's the secretarial pool.
>
> As a young child I always wondered why were weren't allowed to swim
> there.

Glad I read this post... :-)

Yup - my father was District Sales Manager for Dictaphone in Chicago in
the 1930's  and early 40's -  He was pushing 50 when I was born.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/Friends-and-Family/Blackstone-family-vintage/8871062_7gR8M/1/588055475_5Lu7f/Medium

Here is the photo that I showed to the list a while back  - trying to
find out the car Pop was in..

http://annsan.smugmug.com/Friends-and-Family/Blackstone-family-vintage/8871062_7gR8M/1/588050450_osryN/Medium

Oh what the hell --
have a go at the whole gallery  - kinda fun.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/Friends-and-Family/Blackstone-family-vintage/8871062_7gR8M

ann