I'd rather an A/ FA 50mm myself, actually. I'm quite happy with my m50 1.7, but
sometimes being able to work in auto aperture would be very interesting.

Luiz Felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br
http://www.techmit.com.br/luizfelipe

History goes...
On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 12:53 -0800, "Larry Colen" <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:
> Saw this ad on craigslist:
> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/pho/2144182087.html
> $30 for P5, m50/1.7, Rikenon 35-70mm 1:3.5-4.5, and a small flash
>
> I expect that the zoom isn't really worth anything, and the 50/1.7 is
> probably worth the $30.

Well, the 50 1.7 is certainly worth $30, if it's in good nick.

I liked the P5 (P50 here).  It was my workhorse camera for quite a few
years in the 1980s/90s.  I always liked the look and feel of it. It had
its limitations (no manual setting of ISO; no TTL flash; no manual
shutter speed, so without batteries it was cactus) but, for what I was
doing with it, those things weren't important to me.  I still have it.

Cheers

Brian