On 1/11/2011 7:42 PM, Miserere wrote:
On 11 January 2011 07:07, Boris Liberman<bori...@gmail.com>  wrote:

It stands to reason that 16x24 and 24x36 cameras are closer than it
might have seemed initially.

Shhhh!!!! Don't tell Mark!!!!

Oh, hmmm, ahem, well. Let me see. My understanding is that Mark is doing somewhat special kind of photography, mostly (daylight) landscape and nature. This is where Sony A850 will shine with its extended dynamic range, great many pixels and excellent color fidelity. I also think that Mark is using top grade glass (Carl Zeiss, etc) and a proper technique (tripod, etc). It is then most likely that he extract the most from his 24x36 gear.

However for other kinds of photography: street, casual portrait, travel and even for landscape some of the 24x36 advantages are not all that advantageous, so to say. Surely and verily there is an improvement, but its value may have been (deliberately?!) overestimated.

Just to make it certain - mine is not the case of a fox and unripened grapes...

Boris