Interesting thoughts Boris.
But I never saw that effect with a 50mm on 'FF' or 30-35mm on APS-C.
Viewfinder/lens may very well be the 'culprit'. Or lack of 31/43 Limited :) :)
I really don't think this is a DOF issue. After all, my FA50/1.4 has
less d...@f1.4 than the 80/2.8 on 6x6.

The problem is the following, my (very basic) enlarger is 24x36 only.
No 6x6 prints at home. No way to check until I can afford a proper
enlarger (which ideally would do up to 4"x5") which won't be tomorrow
or the day after :(

--
Thibault Massart aka Thibouille/Thibs