>> > Everyone keeps saying what a great lens this is.
>>
>> Yup.  And, they'll keep on saying it...  <g>

> Do they also say it is better than the 77mm LTD?

Hmmm...  No, "they" haven't said that too much, at least to me.  I
have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.  I do not think that
they will sing to me.  ;-)

Seriously, we've had some "FA 77/1.7 Ltd versus FA* 85/1.4"
discussions here, and we certainly have had ~many~ "85 vs 85 vs
85..." discussions, but I'm not sure I've heard very much comparing
these two specific lenses, Bill.  Anyone with both 77/1.8 and 85/1.8
experience care to share?

Fred