On 13 January 2011 01:02, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2011, at 9:57 PM, Tim Bray wrote:
>
>> Is there any other reason to use one, aside from it being beautiful
>> and seductive and all that?  -Tim
>
> Bong posted some shots taken with one at relatively high ISO, that looked
> better than many cameras at ISO 400.  I believe that it'll also handily
> outperform the K-5 on things like color bit depth, dynamic range etc.  It
> also brightens your teeth, freshens your breath and makes you irresistible to
> members of the appropriate sex.

Not quite according to DxO Mark:

http://tinyurl.com/49ac7h5

The K-5 has 1.5 extra stops of dynamic range.

The 645D does have a 1 stop advantage in S/N at each ISO, but given
their respective surface areas this advantage should be 2 stops, which
goes to show what a great sensor Sony made, or what a crappy sensor
Kodak made (only as far as high ISOs are concerned, I'm not saying
anything else).

My response to Tim would be: Aside from that, no reason except
bragging rights or being Mark.

   —M.

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com