From: John Francis
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 08:34:56PM -0500, John Sessoms wrote:
> From: "Ken Waller"
> >Kenneth Waller
> >http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/kennethwaller

MGs aren't to drive - MGs are to work on.  I bought a BMW to drive.

I was never too much of a fan of the B, anyway.  A friend had a C;
that definitely pushed my buttons a bit more.  And, of course, there
is always an A, or a TD, if we're being seriously impractical.

Yeah, I know all that.

I liked the BMW back when it *was* a driver's car. At one time you had to really KNOW something about the automobile to appreciate the BMW.

But then they went and turned it into the symbol for all the excesses of yuppie scumdom. I think they've finally gotten past the time when you weren't even allowed to think about driving a BMW unless you were a flaming asshole, but the stigma lingers still.

And, for my own "impractical" purposes the 'B' has one great advantage ... it's already sitting down there in the basement and it ain't going nowhere.

-----
No virus found in this message.