On Jan 16, 2011, at 2:02 AM, frank theriault wrote:

> Everybody in this town (except me, of course!) seems to get in the
> doors and ~stop~, when there's plenty more standing room farther into
> the car.

We tended to do that in Sydney but, being tourists, we were only travelling a
couple of stops so it made sense for us to avoid fighting our way through the
crowds to get off.  But, being tourists, we were mostly travelling during the
day when it was quiet.

The one occasion when we hit rush hour we got onto the third train as the first
two filled up before we got anywhere near the doors.  The locals may disagree
but we've always been impressed by the Sydney commuter rail system.

Dave