and Maris wrote:
> Actually there was too much red, not yellow, in the photo.  I adjusted
> Levels, used Curves to decrease the red, and the result is at
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=574353&size=lg

Hi Maris,

I appreciate your comments, and I do like the color rendition you suggest,
but you realize of course that by posting my photo on your Photo.net site,
you're violating my copyright.  (Having my image on your page would create a
problem for me, for example, if I ever wanted to transfer rights to my image
to a publisher, contest organizer, etc.)  I'm sure this was an oversight on
your part, but both the "Details" tab for this photo, and the information
for your folder page at
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=164238, lists "Maris Lidaka,
Sr." as the photographer and copyright owner of my image.  Nowhere do you
list either a credit (e.g., "Original image from <URL>") or a copyright
statement (e.g., "Copyright 2002 Bill Peifer").

I ask that you remove this image and any thumbnail facsimiles from your
Photo.net pages at your earliest convenience.

I appreciate the time you took making adjustments to my image in Photoshop,
and you are certainly welcome to upload the modified image -- along with any
comments -- to my Photocritique.net page.  (This is routinely done by
Photocritique.net users and commenters, and it allows the original
photographer and copyright owner to control rights to usage.)

Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter.

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY