On 11-01-18 8:45 PM, steve harley wrote:
On 2011-01-18 03:22 , Bruce Walker wrote:
It was our turn for some decorative snow this morning. It was -20C with almost no wind, and about 6-8" of super light'n'fluffy stuff fell. I got about 50 shots in the back yard, of which this was one of the best ...
http://goo.gl/cLnNB

nice -- we had a similar first snow in late December that was very fluffy; my shots of it on the plants were hampered by the cold and by the combination of wind movements and low light when the snow was at its best

Yeah, the temp rose about 10C in the two hours following this shot and by noon all traces of this snow were gone from the grasses and other plants. Looks like with luck I timed it exactly right.

Well, the "news" for us (Mississauga, near Toronto, Ontario) is that any
fell at all. Very unusually for us there hasn't been very much snow this
year while the US and other parts of Canada have been clobbered.

not all of the US -- here in Denver we've had a couple of modest snows, but only after a tremendously parched autumn; bad enough that i was watering more than just the trees in mid-December

Thanks for looking, Steve.

-bmw