On 1/21/2011 6:47 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:
As a kid--I was probably 12 or so--while skating for hours and hours in
the park one day, both my big toe nails got frost bite really bad, and
the nails came off. It was a bit gross to look at, but I carried on. I
didn't tell my parents and just applied my own first aid: pieces of
gauze & tape. The nails grew back. I don't think I ever told my
parents--just kind of forgot about it really. Maybe I'll tell them this
weekend at Sunday dinner. :-) Cheers, Christine

My case was less gross as it was my right arm and it wasn't that strong a bite. However this is the only time in my life so far that I remember where I was really close to fainting out. It happened during a ski lesson at school and obviously I couldn't hide. But I did not want to - no damage was done to me, except few days of applying some kind of cream or whatever it was to the parts of my arm...

Boris