Ok, so I don't know how I've pulled this off, but in the past four days I
have managed to put together a huge project for the Flood Appeal.

Tomorrow, I am going, under police/government escort to a little town called
Grantham.  I use the term "town" loosely as there is nothing left of it now.
:(

It is the spot where over 10 lives were lost and there are still about 8
missing.  It is currently a crime scene and even the towns folk are only
allowed limited access.

>From 6am tomorrow (Saturday), until 6pm Sunday night, I will be there, K-7s
in tow, photographing the scene and its people for a calendar that I am
designing.

Don't ask me how but I have endorsement from the AIPP, Pentax Australia and
Qld Premier Anna Bligh, all of whom will be providing a Foreward and logos
etc for
Inclusion in the calendar.  We have an initial print run happening of
10,000, and the Premier's office itself is paying for the printing!  It is
going to be distributed to every
Newsagent in the country and possibly into Myer and Target department stores
too.

There was a meeting last night of the Qld Council of the AIPP, where they
elected to allow me to wear official AIPP attire, reserved usually only for
officials and judges
at the National Awards etc.  Apparently, all of those at the meeting were
chomping at the bit wishing that they were in my shoes.  The Chairperson
even exclaimed in
astonishment "How the fuck did she manage to get in there?!"  To which a
highly respected photographer, who for some reason has taken me "under his
wing" this
past few months replied, "Because she has BALLS, and she is a tenacious
little thing too!"(He told me this story when I went to his studio to
collect the uniform today).

Exciting stuff, but to say that I am crapping myself is an understatement,
this is BIG time.  This could really make or break me!  Wish me luck!

Oh, and did I mention that I managed to get a rather nice lens on loan from
CR Kennedy for the expedition too?

Tan.x.