Rob,
I'm very critical of my own photographic images. My wife gets frustrated when we look at my take from, say, last weekend's outing, and I'm all "yeah, but the horizon..." or "Mmmmm, there's a tree growing out of her head." She's usually more of a "Ohhh, look at the girls. Aren't they having fun?" type, though I do trust her eye when she's looking with a more artistic intent. I honestly don't know how to feel when people who don't *love* me are honestly complementary of my work. The gallery opening in Chicago was truly uncharted territory with so many people whose work I really admire actually commenting on mine. I think that was nice, but I have my issues. That being said, for the Annual, I'm picking out the very best things I did in the last year. It's not hard. I used Lightroom to sort for the year and added photos I *really* like (only about six) to a quick collection, made my decision, asked my wife what she thought, did a very little bit of processing (I actually ported one of them out to Elements!) and uploaded the files.

Having 80+ "favorite" images from one year's shooting is, for me, not likely to ever be a problem.

Cory
kind of our there on my sleeve now if you don't like my selections ;)