On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:16 AM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
>>> "With the exception of Godfrey, who sounds like he has achieved gear
>>> nirvana"
>> I guess Siddhartha Godfrey is the photobuddha.  ;-)
> Apparently if you rub his belly it's good luck.
> Not sure who for though.
> I have almost attained a similarly karmic state. ...
> My good luck perhaps? Goddha, your belly please!
> ..
> I forgot to mention the Fuji X100, so I guess I'll have to rub Goddha's
> belly again.

Nuthin' like a good belly rub to make me feel magnanimous. :-) Go
forth and obtain what you want, Bob!

Yes, I have achieved a level of photo gear nirvana where I'm more
concerned with what I'm interested to photograph and what I am getting
ready to sell than with what I need to buy. That said, I do have a
short list, although nothing's really on the "I'd sell my mum's right
arm" priority list:

- yet another camera bag *
- new laptop
- another BLM-5 battery for the E-5
- a second light stand
- the Olympus FL-50R flash unit
- a pair of 16G cards
- a Fuji X100 **

* ... oops, scratch that, I bought it yesterday (Think Tank Photo -
Urban Disguise 35 v2). ::
I found I didn't have a bag the right size and shape to carry my daily
stuff and the camera with two-three lenses. To use the gear, I gotta
carry it. This one might to do the job and I'll get rid of two other
bags that don't, net loss of one.

** ... it looks beautiful and I'm in the "new shiny thing" infatuation
stage at present.  I have no need, but it would be nice to enjoy it.
Maybe once it's on the market and Lightroom supports the raw file
format ... and I have a ton of spare money in the bank ... maybe then
I'll buy it to satisfy the Magpie Syndrome.

What's really on my short list are train tickets, plane tickets, and a
month free to travel. I haven't been to the Isle of Man et al since
2008...  The month to travel is the hard part for the moment: I have a
lot of work to get done right now.

Distilling it down to the short short list:

- The laptop is becoming a bit of a problem: I need a mobile solution
that's up to date more and more often now. I'll address that pretty
soon.

The rest of the gear list is "nice to have" at best. I'll just keep on
makin' photos with what I got. Satori.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com