On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 12:46:14AM +0800, dave o'brien wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Nitin Garg wrote:
>
> > It must have been a different problem in my case. University mailboxes
> > dont have notion of "full" unless the disk gets full if someone else is
> > hogging up all space). Must have been that or network issues. I am
> > online almost all the time and my inbox has very few mails at a time.
>
> If it's a university system then it's almost certainly a Unix type mail
> system and your email is stored in your home directory.  If your disk

there is a seperate system mail partition where incoming mail gets
spooled.

> quote is full with other files, you may not have enough room to get more
> email.  Also, your email may be marked read, but still on the disk.  The

nopes. I keep my inbox only for unread mails. I move them or delete them
to my personal mail folder (ie one in my home directory) as soon as i
have read them.

> PDML takes up a lot of space on disk.  My PDML mailbox is only the last
> three months and it's 57Mb!

i delete most of pdml mails, so it takes only a few KBs at most at any
given time :)