From: Paul Ewins
I believe it was based on a particular Soviet lens which is no longer
made. Once supplies dried up that was the end of it.

Paul

Like this? http://www.hartblei.com/lenses/lens_35mm.htm

If you click on the price list you get the message:

"Super-Rotator lenses are out of stock... (please, don't ask
about availability - if item is available, it's mentioned in the
price list)"

That message has been on the price list for about 2 years now. I
*have* been checking.

Can't remember where I read it, but IIRC ...

Hartblei was a U.S. distributor for the Arsenal factory in Kiev, Ukraine and Arsenal got some kind of a deal with Hasselblad which took all of their output.

Looking at Wikipedia just now, it says the factory closed in 2009. But then there's a hint the plant was taken over by the "Special Construction Department"(SKTB) - management change and downsizing perhaps.

Maybe it was SKTB who got the sub-contract from Hasselblad that I remember reading about somewhere.

Guess I can cross the Hasselbladski-D off my bucket list.

Still, I'll keep an eye open for a used Super-Rotator. Even if I could only find it in Nikon mount, it would be worth buying a used D200 body to go with it.

-----
No virus found in this message.