Ran into a friend today and told him of a client of mine who introduced
me to his printer. My friend asked "What kind is it?" to which I replied
"It's a person - he does B&W darkroom work."

My friend also had an opportunity to use the new Sigma camera with the
Foveon chip, comparing it to the Nikon D1 (Is that what it's called) and
the Canon D-30.  He said the results from the Sigma were superior.
Didn't have a chance to talk a lot more about it, but he said the Sigma
showed zero color fringing where both the Nikon and Canon did.

There is a surprising development in the offing about which I can't say
too much other than it might put a smile on the face of those who desire
a bigger chip (sensor?) in a 35mm-sized camera.  To paraphrase my
friend, "It'll kick ass!"
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]