I understand that the metering in the OM1 is fairly
primitive. This would seem to be it's weakest link.
And if you recall I am looking for a system for
shooting chromes almost exclusively. I was thinking
along the lines of an OM1 for tripod mirror locked up
type shooting and as a back-up for a OM-2. I wonder if
the OM1 could be fitted with a OM2 meter...?
OK, back to reality. Believe me I'm not running out
and buying into any system just yet. I have a couple
of months before I hit the road. I'm still trying to
sort out film from my last trip. I spent three months
with a Canon QL17 and Minox 35ML. Lot's of fun.

By the way, that ME doesn't have an exposure lock,
does it? Same for the LX, I just don't get it. Doesn't
having to manually compensate for lighting negate most
of the benefits of AE? Plus if I recall the ME's
compensation is in full stop's?

http://sports.yahoo.com