There is something else to consider.
One should not just journal the technical data.
Additional notes can add to an image -- recent weather
and other information can add to the context of the picture.
Technical data should be only a small part of the journal.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://kerygmainstitute.org

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott