From: Darren Addy
I think several responders lost sight of the fact that the original
poster is shooting with film.

I also think that most shooting logs (like Kenny-boy's three versions:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/exposure-log.htm ) leave off an
important part of the equation (if learning is your goal). That is the
METER'S RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE. If you are shooting every shot with the
meter's recommended exposure, then you haven't learned the basics of
photography yet. To truly learn, one should record the meter's
recommended exposure and then how much you over or under exposed (and
why). The same is true when evaluating other's shots. While the
shutter speed, aperture and ISO provide some useful information, it is
not as useful as knowing also what the meter's recommended exposure
was for that scene (and metering mode).

Good point. Wish I'd thought of that. Might have helped me to learn faster.

I recorded aperture/shutter speed to look at later along with the photos, but I can see how it would have been more useful if I'd also recorded what aperture/shutter speed the camera was telling me to use so I could make a better comparison.

-----
No virus found in this message.