On Feb 5, 2011, at 4:03 PM, Sasha Sobol wrote:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sobol/5417967058/lightbox/

The first shot is excellent!  Amazing tonality, good composition, great
texture.   I love it.

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sobol/5417990214/lightbox/

The second one is a good shot, but isn't nearly so powerful for me, though it's
better larger.  You could try cropping the left side and the bottom just to the
left, and below, the visible so that her face isn't so much on the center line.

> My daughter asked me to take some photos of her.
> I appears she had something in mind and spent quite some time preparing.

She definitely did.
> Tell us what you think, what works for you and what fails to work.

You ought to collaborate with her more often.