On 2/6/2011 3:20 PM, Collin Brendemuehl wrote:
Actually, the movement still uses the terms interchangeably.
The warmer the planet gets, as they claim, the more erratic
the weather.

But as I recall, one of the past predictions was that by 2000
the earth would not be habitable by humans.

On the scientific side, they've had to write off the "Little Ice Age"
of 1200-1850 and pretend that it never happened.  It also ignores
geology and concentrates on climatology.  The "science" is untenable.

It boils down to political manipulation.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://kerygmainstitute.org

Oh, there is a very funny story related to this. One day last summer I opened a TV and tuned it to some Russian popular science channel. There he was - one of the oldest Russian/Soviet academicians (Kapitza, for those of you who are of the same origin as I am) talking very seriously how false was the western scientific society claiming that the global warming would come. And here I was looking out my window into badly hot day...

And soon thereafter I heard in the news that June 2010 was the hottest month on Earth in recorded climate history or something like this...

Like Collin said - it boils down to (political) manipulation.

Boris