Yes, thanks, Paul. I've used "Bicubic smoother", but ever "Fractals."

From: Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
On Feb 7, 2011, at 11:20 AM, Jack Davis wrote:

> > Bicubic smoother?

Yes, it's an upsizing option in Photoshop. The only better
alternative might be Genuine Fractals, which eliminates the
pixels in upsizing. Sometimes it works wonders, sometimes it
doesn't. It's frequently use by ad agencies to produce huge
billboard photos from modestly sized originals.
Paul

I think Genuine Fractals has been renamed "Perfect Resize".

Same product, newest version - Photoshop plug-in costing about $200 last time I looked at it. Don't know if there's a stand-alone version.

Haven't been able to justify the cost as yet.

-----
No virus found in this message.