As an available-light lens, the 85/2M sucks. As a daylight lens, it's
terrific. It's scarcely longer than a 50, so it's unobtrusive. And it's
nearly as light.

I used it briefly as my walking-around lens, and liked the results. I sold
it because the 85 got me hooked on walking around with a telephoto, and one
you're hooked, you can't get enough focal length. I now walk around with a
105 or 135. Weight and length are secondary.

In any case, you may not find one for months. Get yourself a 90/2.5 macro
or 90/2.8 macro--they're all sharp--and be happy.

Paul Franklin Stregevsky
13 Selby Court
Poolesville, Maryland 20837-2410
[EMAIL PROTECTED]